Mahogany has a warm, rich, mellow tone to it. Ohana makes a mahogany that also has great projection and resonance. The beauty of it being an all-solid instrument is, the more you play it, the better it will sound. All-solid instruments open up with time, but will still sound amazing right out of the box. The Ohanas have a nice light construction that makes it very resonant. I think you will be very pleased! When people ask me to describe this ukulele I say, "rich". It really has a nice richness that you want from a mahogany! The gloss finish is really pretty and makes the wood grain on this ukulele really pop!
This one is stage ready with a built in tuner and pickup! It is ready to plug and play. It also has the nice cutaway shape allowing for easy access to the upper frets. But it is a rare treat to find a cutaway made "backwards" for a Lefty! So for leftys who love the look and playablility of the cutaway, Ohana has heard your cries and has made their all solid mahoganies available in Lefty for you!
• Solid Mahogany Top, Back & Sides
• Rosewood Top & Back Body Binding
• Rosewood Fretboard & Bridge
• Sound-hole Rosette in black/white/black
• Top & Headstock Purfling in white/black/white
• Left Handed Cut-away Design with On-board Active Pickup System
• Pearloid Dot Inlay Markers on Frets # 3, 5, 7, 10 & 12
• Pearloid Side Markers on Frets # 5, 7, 10 & 12
• Deluxe Open Geared Tuners
• Bone Nut & Saddles
• Aquila Strings
• Gloss Finish • 14 Frets to Body; Total 19 Frets
• Scale Length = 15”
• Body Length = 10-15/16”
• Overall Length = 23-7/8”
• Upper Bout Width = 5-13/16”
• Lower Bout Width = 7-11/16”
• Body Height = 2-3/4”
• Overall Height = 3-1/4” (including bridge & saddle)
• Nut Width = 1-3/8”
*International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.